Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
Since I have steps one and two covered, I will move onto the next steps.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
When my girls started asking for 18 inch dolls, I searched the internet for help on which which doll to choose. I found a few great sites with excellent reviews, but none of ones I found were Canadian. I wanted to know which dolls were available in Canada, and out of those which were the best value. Finding next to no help on the internet, I started to my own research, which was costly and time consuming.
After about a year of this, I stopped, looked around, and realized that I had quite the collection of dolls. I figured it was time to start a website of my own, a truly Canadian site where all the dolls were found in Canada, and all the prices were listed in Canadian dollars.
I shared with my friend Michelle what I was doing, and she was in! She brings to the site lots of crafting experience, and loves working on the layouts and backgrounds of our photo shoots and website. It’s been so great having her here with me, I am sure that if I had done this alone, this site wouldn’t be nearly as organized.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- I feel like we are new bloggers ourselves, being active for just over a year, but here goes. What I would tell new bloggers is to have fun, and meet as many other bloggers as possible. I remember when we first started our site, WordPress assured me that I would make new friends through blogging. I didn’t believe them at the time, but it’s true! After taking a few WordPress courses and chatting with other bloggers I can say that I have made quite a few new friends in the last year.
- My other piece of advice would be to take the aforementioned WordPress courses. They are free, and so fun! You won’t believe the amount of people you meet, and who knows? Maybe you can make new friends too!
5. We nominate the following bloggers for this award:
My apologies if you have previously been nominated for this award. I checked everyone’s sites, however if I missed it, sorry!
Thank you again Kaitlyn for nominating us for this award! It was fun!!!